Newport Dunes is proud to host the California Triathlon this November. The inaugural Olympic and sprint distance races will be held on Sunday, November 4, 2018.
The race begins with a rolling start swim inside the Newport Dunes Lagoon which features a mile of beach front playground typically traversed by swimmers, sailboats and pedal boats. The Olympic distance (0.93 miles) will consist of 2 laps with the sprint distance a lightening quick 300 yards.
The bike course is a scenic 8 mile circuit which includes the Mountains to the Sea Trail & Bikeway, Upper Newport Bay State Marine Conservation Area and Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve. The Olympic distance (24.8 miles) will consist of 3 laps with the sprint distance 8 miles.
The run course is a beautiful 3.1 mile out and back. Aid stations are each mile. The Olympic distance (6.2 miles) will be 2 laps and the sprint distance will be 1 lap.
Some of the reasons that make the Newport Dunes Triathlon special:
- World class Olympic and professional athletes provide 5 monthly coached on-course clinics leading up to race day.
- Race like a pro when you use the T-Blocks racking system. 1st on the West Coast at 2017 Trick or Tri where they were a big hit.
- Inaugural early bird prices that feature $75 Olympic, $50 sprint and $25 5K walk/run prices. Packet pick up both Saturday and Sunday at no additional cost.
- Camping and RV options on-site at the Newport Dunes makes race morning easy.
- Race bling includes a 4” inaugural finisher’s medal, stylish participant technical shirt, swim cap, race bib and “loaded” goodie bag.
- 90-days of free coaching including a knowledgeable and friendly mentor who guides beginners through this transformational journey.
- Team incentives includes Buy 10 Get 1 Free.
- Proud to partner with City of Hope – Hope, Sweat & Cures.
Free events to train for this event will be held each month:
July 28 – Newport Dunes Brick & Open Water Swim ([OWS] Clinic @ 8:00 a.m.
August 5 – Newport Dunes Brick & Open Water Swim ([OWS] Clinic @ 8:00 a.m.
September 9 – Newport Dunes Brick & Open Water Swim ([OWS] Clinic @ 8:00 a.m.
October 13 – Newport Dunes Brick & Open Water Swim ([OWS] Clinic @ 8:00 a.m.
“We are pleased to partner with The Newport Dunes & the City of Newport Beach to bring a 1st class event to Orange County in the Newport Dunes Triathlon. The athlete experience is at the heart of what we do and we are continuously challenged to raise the bar year after year. It’s one of those rare times where an athlete can be treated like a VIP without breaking the bank.” said Thom Richmond, Founder, California Triathlon & Butterfly Endurance.
For entrance fees, visit their website.