Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort’s Response to COVID-19
We remain open for essential travel and camping. We recognize that you may have concerns or hesitations about traveling due to the latest news and information about the Coronavirus (COVID-19). On behalf of Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina, we wanted to let you and all our guests know that your health and safety is our top priority.
As such, we continue to welcome guests to our resort and marina as we implement precautions to help provide a safe and enjoyable experience. In addition to our standard cleaning procedures, we are taking additional measures to promote safety. These efforts include:
- Additional cleaning protocols in all areas of the resort, including increasing the frequency of these cleaning routines with an emphasis on all high-touch areas.
- Educating our employees on the steps they should be taking to keep themselves safe and healthy, including the expectation to stay home if they don’t feel well for any reason.
- Social Distancing practices are being implemented to help prevent the spread of viruses.
- All non-essential employees are working from home.
- We have made the difficult decision to temporarily close our indoor and out amenities such as the playground, swimming pools and spas. We apologize for this inconvenience and ask for your understanding that this decision.
We are also closely monitoring the latest development of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from the CDC, the State of California Department of Health and the Orange County Health Department, and we are prepared to respond quickly based on their guidance and recommendations.
Your Travel Flexibility
We understand the uncertainty brought on by current events and the hesitation you may have when booking a new reservation or when deciding whether to keep an existing reservation. To provide additional peace of mind, please note the following, applicable to all leisure travel reservations:
- Our Reservations Team is available to assist with rescheduling reservations.
- For reservations made as part of a group booking, please contact your meeting organizer for additional information.
We encourage you to call us with any questions or concerns you may have at 949-999-3100 and to visit this page for up-to-date information.
How We Are Responding to COVID-19
- We are open and welcoming guests for essential travel and camping. Please practice social distancing at check-in.
- Social distancing is required throughout the resort. The wearing of masks is recommended when outside.
- We are not allowing outside guests to visit our RV camping and cottage resort guests. Maximum 6 people per RV site.
- The Boat Launch will remain open 24/7.
- The Marketplace will remain open with adjusted hours.
- New hours of operation: Mon. – Thurs: 10 am – 6 pm, Fri – Sat: 10 am – 7 pm, Sun: 9 am – 6 pm.
- To minimize the possible spread of infection, we are no longer offering the coffee station or soft-serve ice cream.
- Please pay via card instead of cash if possible and practice social distancing.
- The Marina will continue to operate during normal business hours (9 am – 5 pm), but in a limited capacity.
- We ask that all slip/dry storage inquiries be made via phone (949) 729-1100 or email (email@example.com)
- We ask that all slip/dry storage payments (when possible) be made through the pay portal at newportdunesmarina.com
- Launch service is available during normal business hours.
- Transient guest slips are still available.
- The Resort Beach and Bay is open from 6 am to 10 pm daily, under the State’s Active Recreational Use plan.
- All activities and live entertainment are temporarily canceled.
- The Back Bay Bistro is temporarily closed.
- Resort Pool and Watercraft Rentals will be temporarily closed.
- The playground is temporarily closed.
The City of Newport Beach has closed public libraries, community centers, playgrounds, fitness equipment, the dog park, sports courts and fields and vehicle access to Back Bay Drive, a scenic loop popular among motorists, bicyclists and pedestrians. Parks otherwise remain open.
Weddings, Groups & Events
We are working with any corporate groups, weddings or events to postpone, cancel or reschedule. Please call your assigned sales manager directly or (949) 729-3800. If you have purchased tickets to one of our canceled or postponed events and cannot make the new date, email us through Eventbrite and we will refund your tickets.
What Guests Can Do to Help
Newport Dunes urges you, our guests, to do your part when staying with us and to follow CDC guidance to prevent the spread of infectious diseases. The CDC guidelines ask everyone to:
- Practice social distancing between yourself and other groups.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- Most importantly, stay home if you feel sick.
For high-risk populations, such as the elderly and people with underlying conditions, we ask that they take extra caution and follow CDC guidance for those at higher risk of serious illness.
Thank you for your support and loyalty. We look forward to welcoming you as our guest soon.
Alejandro Santander, General Manager