2020 Cal Tri Events Newport Dunes – On November 1, 2020, California Triathlon returns to the Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort, a 110-acre resort located in Newport Beach, Orange County, California. The race begins with a rolling start swim inside the Newport Dunes Lagoon which features a mile of beachfront playground typically traversed by swimmers, sailboats and pedal boats. Athletes then transition to a closed course, scenic 8-mile bike circuit which includes the Mountains to the Sea Trail & Bikeway, Upper Newport Bay State Marine Conservation Area and Upper Newport Bay Nature Preserve. Finally, a well-supported 5K or 10K run within the Newport Dunes & Back Bay View Park with aid stations every 1 mile. Early November is a great time to put your fitness to the test with average air temperatures of 55-70 and average water temperatures of 65.
- Safe & Humane Rolling Swim Start.
- Closed Bike Course.
- Early Bird Registration – $60 sprint, $75 Olympic (includes insurance)
- Family Friendly – Youth 22 & under enjoy a 50% discount on all Cal Tri Events races
- Coached Clinics. Six monthly 3-hour coached clinics or a total of 18 hours of instruction that get athletes race ready
- Goodie Bag. Includes participants shirt, finishers medal, and free race photos
- Ideal for corporate wellness and charity fundraising organizations
- Earn points for pride and prizes as part of the GRAND PRIX USA
- The Cal Tri Events Athlete Village Featuring Baja Fresh
- “Tri-cation” Saturday Night Camping
INDIVIDUALIZE YOUR RACE. There are 12 race options this year including up to 6 options at each.
To learn more or sign-up, visit CaliforniaTriathlons.org