Last updated January 2, 2020
Your Privacy Rights
Newport Dunes Resort and Marina, a California general partnership, which owns and, through an affiliated management company, Terra Vista Management, Inc., a California corporation (collectively referred to as “Newport Dunes”, “Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort”, “Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina” or “we” or “us”), operates Newport Dunes Waterfront Resort & Marina in Newport Beach, California, and believes in protecting personal information and privacy. We take pride in the relationships we have been able to build with our customers and guests, and have established the following Privacy Policies for their benefit and protection.
I. Your California Privacy Rights
A. Shine the Light Law
Newport Dunes does not share its customers’ personal information with companies or others for the third parties’ direct marketing use. Under California Civil Code sections 1798.83-1798.84, California residents are entitled to ask us for a notice describing what categories of personal information we have shared with third parties or corporate affiliates for those third parties or corporate affiliates’ direct marketing purposes. That notice will identify the categories, if any, of personal information shared during the previous calendar year with third parties and used for direct marketing purposes and the name and address of the third parties that received such personal information. California residents who wish to obtain a copy of this notice should submit a written request to the following address: Newport Dunes Resort and Marina, c/o Terra Vista Management Inc., Attn. Company Secretary, 6310 San Vicente Boulevard, #560, Los Angeles, CA 90048. The resident should specify in the request that he/she wants a “Your Newport Dunes’ California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response.
- California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”)
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA“), California residents have certain rights concerning Newport Dunes’s collection, use, and sharing of their personal information.
Newport Dunes does not sell your personal information and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. Similarly, we do not offer financial incentives associated with our collection, use, or disclosure of your personal information.
Newport Dunes collects various categories of personal information when you use our services, including identifying information, financial information, purchase histories, and internet activity. The purpose of this collection is to assist in our performing services for consumers, including but not limited to transacting business with consumers, detecting security incidents, protecting against fraudulent or illegal activity, engaging in marketing efforts, and advancing our commercial interests. A more detailed description of the information Newport Dunes collects and how we use it is provided in Section III, Collection and Use of Information. It describes the categories of third parties with whom we share personal information, and what information may be shared under different circumstances.
If you are a resident of California, you have the right to request to know what personal information has been collected about you, and to access that information. You also have the right to request deletion of your personal information, though exceptions under the CCPA may allow Newport Dunes to retain and use certain personal information notwithstanding your deletion request. If you would like more information about the categories of personal information we have collected about you over the past 12 months, the sources from which we have collected this information, the business purpose for collecting personal information, with whom we share personal information, and/or wish to request that information about you be deleted, click this link firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (858) 581-4200, ext. “0” for “Administration” to submit your request.
When we receive your request, we will first verify your identity by asking you to provide your name, and the email address and phone number associated with your account. Once we have verified your identity, we will promptly fulfill your request. An agent may submit a request on your behalf, but you must verify that your agent is authorized to do so.
All individuals responsible for handling your inquiry about our business privacy practices and compliance with the CCPA have been informed of all of the requirements of the CCPA, and, have been instructed to direct you to exercise your rights under these sections. The CCPA prohibits a business from treating a consumer differently because the consumer exercised a right conferred by the CCPA. We welcome you to exercise your rights under the CCPA, and we will not discriminate against you for doing so.
II. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”)
We recognize the utmost importance of the need to protect the personal information of children. For this reason, we do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 years old. Posting of images and other personal information by children under 13 years is strictly prohibited by Newport Dunes. If we do collect personal information from a child under 13 years old, we may maintain that information only as long as it is reasonably necessary as required by law, or to fulfill a request with parental consent. If we discover we possess information from a child under 13 in a manner inconsistent with COPPA’s requirements, or other relevant laws, we will seek to delete the information immediately.
Newport Dunes provides a link that allows parents/legal guardians to post images, including images and other personal information of their children, on the Newport Dunes pages located on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites. Newport Dunes only supplies links to social media sites that prohibit posting of images by children under 13 years. A parent/legal guardian may also post images of his or her child via social media directly on the Newport Dunes page on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media websites. No other personal information concerning a child under the age of 13 is made available or disclosed by Newport Dunes. Newport Dunes does not share images or other personal information on its webpage with any other party or website.
Any parent/legal guardian can review or have deleted his or her child’s images and other personal information and refuse to permit its further collection or use. Please click the following link email@example.com, or call (858) 581-4200, ext. “0” for “Administration” to request a deletion of your child’s image and other personal information and/or to refuse to permit any further collection or use.
Should an individual have any inquiries or concerns about information concerning children under the age of 13 years or about our privacy practices in general, the operator collecting and/or maintaining personal information through the Newport Dunes website and who will handle all inquiries from parents/legal guardians and other interested individuals may be contacted as follows:
Newport Dunes Resort and Marina
c/o Terra Vista Management, Inc. Attn: Company Secretary
6310 San Vicente Boulevard, #560
Los Angeles, CA 90048
(858) 581-4200, ext. “0” for “Administration”
III. Collection and Use of Information
- Information We Collect.
- Information that is provided when a reservation is made, information is requested or a product or service is purchased from us, including addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, and payment information.
- Information shared with us by posting images and other personal information on our website or Newport Dunes pages on social media websites, and information we gather from customers and guests at Newport Dunes in Newport Beach, California, including names, photos, videos and other digital media. Each customer and guest of Newport Dunes by entering and using the facilities or visiting the Newport Dunes website grants to Newport Dunes a license to use such materials. This license may be revoked by contacting Newport Dunes in writing at the above address and requesting the removal of such information from the Newport Dunes website and other promotional materials.
- Photos, videos and other digital media taken by us of visitors visiting at Newport Dunes. Each customer and guest of Newport Dunes Resort & Marina by entering and using the facilities or visiting the Newport Dunes website grants to Newport Dunes a license to use such materials. This license may be revoked by contacting Newport Dunes in writing at the address above and requesting the removal of such information from the Newport Dunes website and other promotional materials.
- Usage, viewing, and technical data, including IP addresses or device identifier, when visiting our sites, or opening emails from us.
- Creating an Account. We may allow creation of an account with us when making a reservation on our website or by phone or in person at Newport Dunes; however, creating an account is not required to make a reservation. Our reservation process requires customers to provide a name, a mailing address, a telephone number, cell phone, email address, and password. By creating an account with us, we can provide a better, simpler, and more interactive experience. The contact information provided will be used to contact the account holder regarding the status of a reservation or order, answering questions, and, unless the account holder has chosen to opt-out, to send communications about upcoming special rates, contests, promotions, product information, and similar notifications. By creating an account, the account holder acknowledges and agrees to be responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of his/her account information and password. The account holder also acknowledges he/she is responsible for all use of our website under the account.
- How We Collect Information. Information is collected when entered by users on our website, when making a reservation in person, online, by phone, or by fax, when creating an account, when responding to customer surveys, and when customers and guests of Newport Dunes register at the front desk, fill out forms or otherwise share information. We also collect digital images by taking photos and videos of customers and guests and activities at Newport Dunes. Newport Dunes and/or Newport Dunes customers and guests and online users of the Newport Dunes website may also collect and post digital images related to Newport Dunes and its customers and guests on third party social media websites.
- Information may also be automatically collected through technology such as cookies, log files, web beacons, and other technologies when you visit our sites or interact with our emails. A cookie is a small data file which our site leaves on your web browser, in order for the site to remember you and your personal preferences when you return to the site. Users of our site may adjust their browser settings to limit certain tracking features or to decline cookies; but by doing so, they may not be able to use certain features on our site or take full advantage of our offerings.
Customers can still utilize most of the features of our website without using cookies, including making a reservation or purchase, but we will not be able to recognize the customer as a returning user unless the customer logs into his or her account.
- How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. Newport Dunes does not track users across third party websites to provide targeted advertising when a customer enables Do Not Track or similar mechanisms on a browser. For detailed information on browser tracking signals, Do Not Track, and similar technologies, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.org/.
- How We Use Customer Information.
Newport Dunes or its agents may access customer information, unless prohibited under applicable law, for the following purposes:
- To process customer reservations and participation in activities and events, and provide the customer with products and services;
- To analyze, optimize, and improve the online experience, products, services and facilities;
- To communicate with customers regarding a reservation, account, transaction, and information requests relating to Newport Dunes;
- To post online or in other promotional materials the names, photos, videos, and other digital media of our customers and guests taken while at Newport Dunes;
- To provide information regarding features on our sites or changes to our policies;
- According to choices and controls that may be selected: To send users emails, offers, and promotions for our products and services; and
- To personalize content and experiences on our website.
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support inquiries, processing transactions, database management and digital marketing. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to perform the service requested. Newport Dunes takes reasonable steps to ensure these organizations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of personal information.
To the best of our knowledge, other parties may not collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities over time and across different websites when a consumer uses our website.
- Social Media. Our website may offer social sharing features or other integrated tools, including links to other sites, which let users share actions taken on the website with social media providers such as Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with “friends” or the public, depending on the settings the user establishes with the third party that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
- User’s Controls and Choices. We provide users certain controls and choices regarding our collection, use, and sharing of information. In accordance with relevant law, a user’s controls and choices may include:
- Choices for email subscriptions, newsletters, alerts, and similar communications;
- Requests for access to the personal information we hold about the user; and
- Requests for us or third parties to amend or delete personal information.
- Data Security, Integrity and Retention. We are committed to the security, integrity, and confidentiality of our users’ information. We have physical, administrative, electronic, and technical security measures which are designed to protect our users’ personal information from unauthorized viewing, access, disclosure, use, and modification. We periodically review all security procedures to consider appropriate new measures which become available to us.
Despite all efforts, however, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We will retain users’ personal information for the length of time needed to fulfill any requests, and will strive to dispose of all personal information in a secure manner when the information is no longer reasonably necessary.
- Removal of Content. If an individual’s likeness or other personal information appears in any Newport Dunes publication or on its website, the customer may ask us to remove it by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will begin to process your request within 30 days. Please note that processing a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of content that was posted on Newport Dunes social media pages (as those are third party sites).
V. Contact Information
Newport Dunes Resort and Marina
c/o Terra Vista Management, Inc.
Attn: Company Secretary
6310 San Vicente Boulevard, #560 Los Angeles, CA 90048
(858) 581-4200, ext. “0” for “Administration”
VI. Nevada Residents: Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law (SB 220) requires website operators to provide a way for Nevada consumers to opt out of the sale of certain information that the website operator may collect about them. Campland does not sell your personal information to third parties as defined in Nevada law, and will not do so in the future without providing you with notice and an opportunity to opt-out of such sale as required by law. If you have any questions regarding our data privacy practices or our compliance with Nevada data privacy law, please contact us at the address listed above in Section V.