Independence Day on the Back Bay
Celebrate July 4th at Independence Day on the Back Bay, sponsored by the City of Newport Beach. Our annual celebration will feature live entertainment, carnival games, a photo booth, food trucks and Orange County’s largest fireworks display!
Family Fun Activities
- 9AM: Paper Lantern Making
- 11AM: Tissue Paper Fireworks
- 1PM: Horseshoe Tournament
- 3PM: Volleyball Tournament
- 5PM: Cakewalk Competition
Food & Drinks
- 8AM-11PM: Market & Snacks
- 12-7PM: Moe B’s Munchies
- 11AM-8PM: Back Bay Bistro
- 12-6PM: Watersports Beach Bar
- 12-9PM: Food Trucks
- 12-10PM: Concert Bar
Water Park & Carnival
- 10AM-6PM: Water Park & Watercraft Rentals
- 2-6PM: Carnival, Games, Photobooth & Inflatables
Live Music & Entertainment
- 3PM: Concerts
- 9PM: Fireworks Celebration
Event is free to the public. Parking is $100 per car, single entry only. Traffic will be extremely heavy, please plan accordingly. Gates will be open at 8 AM!
- POLLUTION: Disposal, dumping, or littering of toxic chemicals, trash, or grill/charcoal waste on the beach is illegal. City FINES are tripled on July 4, 2020 to as much as $3,000.
- RESPECTFUL ETIQUETTE: The beach and grass will be extremely crowded. Please be considerate of other guests and staff, with sound volumes, personal space and etiquette.
- PETS: Please leave your pets at home, as the fireworks may frighten them.
- TRAFFIC: Due to large crowds leaving the resort all at once, it’s highly recommended to avoid exiting via Jamboree Rd. Take alternate routes such as Pacific Coast Highway or MacArthur Blvd. Plan accordingly.
- DRONES: Newport Beach City regulations prohibit drone usage. Any drones seen in the air will be taken down at the owner’s expense.
- FIREWORKS: All umbrellas and shaded structures and tents must be taken down at sunset before the fireworks for fire safety.
- PARKING: Early parking on July 3rd is prohibited. All cars parked on July 3 after 9 PM will be towed at the owner’s expense and without notice. Double parking is also prohibited; one parking spot per vehicle.
2020 Citywide Zero Tolerance Policy
NO ILLEGAL FIREWORKS OR PORTABLE GRILLS
Help keep Newport Beach and our beaches safe and clean. Illegal fireworks, glass containers, and portable BBQs & grills of any kind on the grass or beach are STRICTLY PROHIBITED. Violators are will be fined $3000 and issued police citations, according to NBMC Section 11.08.060. For more information visit: Newport Beach Police Department